Venue: Palexpo, Geneva, Switzerland
Date: October 29 - 31, 2012
The first edition of the Future Cleantech Forum will be held October 29 to 31 2012 at Palexpo.
The event will address a European public and will aspire to become a truly global meeting platform for furthering the debate around strategy and future development of Cleantech and energy. We are targeting 700 participants to the conference and up to 50 companies showcasing new technologies.
The structure of the event will be built around a mix of plenary sessions, workshops, and sessions on innovation, all these formats to foster debate not only amongst the speakers of panels but also with the participants.
We are also planning to use this event to further showcase the positioning of Geneva on these themes and also strive to showcase the important companies present in Geneva that are active in these domains.
The contents will be articulated around:
- Understanding what are the key elements (e.g. policies, technologies and financing) and challenges (e.g. bottlenecks for deployment, issues of reliable access to renewable energy, water – energy dynamics through the deployment of renewable energies) of a strategy to fasten the deployment of renewable energies.
- Looking at facilitating the choice for renewables of the end-user through products, standards and labels.
- Showcasing new technologies and possible break-through ideas
- Developing ideas for regulation and incentives to help advance these new technologies and ideas
- Furthering the understanding of the way we can accelerate financing for the implementation of these new technologies
- Defining the infrastructure needs for the future and looking at projects that allow their implementation
We will also look more in depth into alternative energies and energy reduction measures that will be necessary to succeed in our endeavour to build a more sustainable future.